Michigan Family Medicine Resident of the Year
The Michigan Family Medicine Resident of the Year award is presented annually to a resident (PGY-1, 2 or 3) who exhibits qualities of exemplary patient care, demonstrates leadership, displays a commitment to the community, contributes to scholarly activity, and is dedicated to Family Medicine.
MAFP members, Family Medicine residency faculty, or other members of a Family Medicine residency administrative staff may submit nominations for this award to MAFP by March 1, 2016. The award will be presented at the Michigan Family Medicine Annual Conference & Expo (for more information about the 2016 Annual Conference & Expo taking place July 11-14 in Bay City, see upcoming events).
The nominee for this award must be a current resident member of MAFP, be in a Family Medicine residency program in Michigan, and spend at least 50% of his/her time providing patient care. All previously nominated residents who were not selected are eligible for reconsideration; however, this does require re-nomination.
To Submit a Nomination
- Complete an individual nomination form by March 1, 2016, for each nominee and each award.
- Submit* to MAFP by March 1, 2016, the following supporting materials:
- A letter of recommendation from the nominee’s residency program director; if the residency program director is the nominator, please submit a letter of recommendation from another residency program faculty member
- A letter of recommendation from a physician colleague, hospital administrator, patient, or community leader who has personally worked with the nominee
- An up-to-date copy of the nominee's resume or curriculum vitae
- Any additional supporting materials that the nominator feels will help in the decision-making process
*To submit supporting materials to MAFP, email them to email@example.com; fax to 517.347.1289; or mail to: MAFP, Attn: Academy Awards, 2164 Commons Parkway, Okemos, MI 48864.
Past Award Winners
Elizabeth "Libby" Pionk, DO
Cheryl Smith, MD