The Board of Trustees of the Michigan Academy of Family Physicians (MAFP) Foundation—the philanthropic arm of the Michigan chapter of the Academy—held its Annual Meeting on May 11, during which members elected new officers and trustees for 2016-2017.
"The Foundation promotes continuing, comprehensive and cost-effective healthcare for Michigan residents by supporting the programs and activities of MAFP that help train Family Physicians, Family Medicine residents and medical students in our state," said MAFP Foundation Executive Vice President Debra McGuire, MBA, IOM, CAE. "We appreciate the dedication of these Family Physicians and other professionals who are volunteering their time and expertise to lead the MAFP Foundation in the years ahead."
Newly elected officers serving the 2016-2017 term:
- President: Edward Jackson, MD, FAAFP (Hemlock)
- Vice President: Amy McKenzie, MD (Washington Township)
- Treasurer: David Walsworth, MD, FAAFP (East Lansing)
Trustees serving the 2016-2017 term:
- Adam Jablonowski, MPA (Harper Woods)
- Karen Mitchell, MD, FAAFP (Southfield)
- Angelo Patsalis, MD, FAAFP (Livonia)
- Elizabeth Pionk, DO (Bay City)
- Alexander Ruthven, MD, FAAFP (Port Huron)
- Mary Sharp, MD (East Lansing)
- Tina Tanner, MD (Montague)
- Timothy Tobolic, MD (Byron Center)
- Thomas White, MLIR (DeWitt)
- Kim Yu, MD, FAAFP (Novi)
To learn more about the MAFP Foundation, visit mafp.com/mafp-foundation.